The Wheelchair Tennis Team at the University of Virginia brings collegiate adaptive sports to Virginia for the first time ever. UVA has grown into one of the largest collegiate wheelchair tennis programs in the country boasting four student-athletes and two coaches. Now, the team is challenging for a national title in Orlando, Florida every year – which if won – would be the first adaptive championship in UVA’s history.
Discuss educational barriers and potential accommodations with an SDAC Adviser.
Canvas guides for instructors and students.
Format and visualize math and science expressions with a custom editor, or convert them as you write or speak.
Coming to the hospital and need help getting around? Worried you'll need a wheelchair when you arrive? We can help. We have special services for people with disabilities.
SDAC coordinates services for D/deaf and hard of hearing students, faculty, staff, and visitors for University-sponsored courses, programs, meetings, and events.
- American Sign Language (ASL) to English Interpreting - American Sign Language Request Form (NetBadge login required)
- Captioning - Captioning Request Form (NetBadge login required)
- Live Real Time Captioning Services for classes and events
- Post-production Captioning Services for video and audio material used in/for classes or events
- Assistive Technology such as FM systems
- Other accommodations as appropriate
Accessibility should be incorporated at the onset of content creation or the development of a project, and monitored through its lifecycle.
List of ITS and Provost-managed classrooms. Search by technology and accessibility features.
Discussing disabilities and how people live, work, and thrive with them.
The Office of Health Promotion's (OHP) mission is to foster a healthy University community and support optimal student health and well-being.